Overhead, Carriage & Wood Door Maintenance in Corpus Christi
Taking care of your garage door and its components is crucial for extending service life and ensuring that it will continue to function properly. At Chapman’s Garage Doors, we specialize in garage door maintenance for doors of all types, including carriage house, overhead and hurricane-resistant garage doors.
Our maintenance team is available on your schedule to provide you with an expert inspection of your door and its components so that you can have peace of mind in knowing that you won’t find yourself facing a costly repair or replacement in the future. We also lubricate springs and other moving parts, test openers for proper electrical function and check all sensors to ensure they are safe.
Our Other Garage Door Services
- Garage Door Repair
- Garage Door Installation
- Garage Door Opener Repair
- Garage Door Spring Repair
Garage Door Maintenance Checklist
Although our maintenance experts can provide you with fast service, there are also some things you can do on your own to maintain your garage door.
- Conduct a visual inspection while your door opens and closes at least once a month to look for potential problems.
- Disconnect your door from its automatic opener (only when the garage is closed) and then try lifting the door by hand. This will tell you whether you have a problem with the door’s springs or balance. Disconnecting an electric operator with the door open can lead to the door falling to the ground and breaking or pulling the customer off their ladder as it proceeds to close.
- Test your sensor beam by waving a stick in front of it as your garage is closing. If the door does not reverse, you may need garage door repair services.
- Insulate your garage door to help lower heating costs and save money.
Professional Maintenance Saves You Time & Money
Because a maintained garage door lasts longer and operates more efficiently, it can save you money. Keep in mind that repair and replacement costs aren’t the only potential financial threat you might face if you don’t maintain your door. Improperly maintained doors may have worn springs or motors, electrical problems and other safety concerns, leading to failures. This can then cause damage to property – or worse – to your health or the health of your loved ones. Instead of worrying about the potential for injury or extra costs, trust the maintenance team at Chapman’s Garage Doors for routine service.
Contact Chapman’s Garage Doors to learn important garage door care tips or to schedule maintenance for your home or business. Call our team at 361-852-7236.