Garage Door Parts in Corpus Christi
If you need garage parts for do-it-yourself projects in Corpus Christi and the surrounding area, contact the experts at Chapman’s Garage Doors. We carry a full line of springs, rollers, motors, screws, bolts, rails and more to ensure that you’re able to get the job done right. We also carry garage door parts for a wide range of makes and models, so we’re sure to have the right components to match your system.
Our Other Garage Door Products
How Garage Door Hardware Works Together
While there are a variety of different types of garage doors, all work on the basic principle of a motor controlling a door’s ability to open and close.
- With a traditional door, a ceiling-mounted motor is connected to a chain and an electronic signal box.
- The chain is then connected to a torsion bar that incorporates high-pressure springs, and an arm attaches to the door’s frame.
- The frame of the door sits on rollers atop guided rails that run along the walls and ceiling of a garage.
- When activated, the motor slowly pulls on the chain, activating the torsion bar and springs and allowing the door to slide along the rollers across the guided rails until it reaches its designated stopping point.
- In some cases, such as with jackshaft openers, a motor may be mounted on the wall beside the door and be directly connected to the torsion bar. This allows the motor to control the operation of the door simply by rolling the bar one way or the other.
Garage Door Part Replacement Service
If you find that you need any type of garage door part installed, replaced, or repaired, our experts are available to help. Whether you need a new motor installed in your current system or you’re experiencing problems with a torsion spring, let our garage door hardware technicians handle the hard work so that you can avoid the potential for injury.
For affordable, professional residential and commercial garage door parts in Corpus Christi, contact Chapman’s Garage Doors at 361-852-7236.